A frequent contributor in the comment section of this blog is a thinker named Herb Van Fleet. He posted a list of conservative myths the other day that blew me away. Here is Herb’s fantastic offering:
1. Lowering taxes DOES NOT create jobs!
2. Austerity HAS NEVER saved a depression or a recession!
3. Cutting defense spending DOES NOT REDUCE our national security!
4. Cooperation and Compromise ARE NOT impediments to democracy!
5. Signing a pledge to not raise taxes (or get rid of tax deductions) IS NOT patriotic!
6. President Obama WAS NOT born in Kenya, IS NOT a Muslim OR a Socialist and WILL NOT send out the national guard to take away your guns!
7. The poor and those dependent on welfare DID NOT cause the Great Recession or the increases in the federal debt!
8. The Americans who DO NOT want to start a business or fight their way up the corporate ladder ARE NOT irresponsible, or lazy, or a drain on society!
9. The vast majority of Americans who do not pay income taxes ARE NOT irresponsible, or lazy, or a drain on society!
10. A rising tide DOES NOT LIFT ALL boats, just the boats that are already afloat; NOT the boats that are still tied to the dock!
11. The United States IS NOT, I repeat, NOT a Christian nation – Creationism IS NOT scientifically valid, women ARE NOT subordinate to men, and homosexuality IS NOT a choice that can be fixed by prayer!
12. Cutting “entitlement” programs where the beneficiaries have paid taxes in good faith for certain benefits (Social Security and Medicare) is not only a BREACH OF TRUST with the American people, it is flat out IMMORAL!
For an extensive comparison between Conservative and Liberal see http://www.conservativemyths.com/compare.html